Privacy & Cookies
We are committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most effective and safe online experience. By using The Scot Box website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
The Scot Box collects and uses your personal information to operate The Scot Box website and deliver the products you have requested. We may also use your information to contact you about other products or services The Scot Box have available. The Scot Box will not disclose any of your personal information without notice, only if required to do so by law. We won't share your email address with other companies or individuals except where it is necessary to fulfil your order. The Scot Box will pass on the necessary information to postal couriers such as but not limited to Royal Mail and DHL, you can view their privacy policies on their websites. If you purchase from one of our independent partners on our website we will pass on the necessary information needed to fulfil and delivery your order.
Information Sharing and Disclosure:
We will share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
| Mailing Lists |
As part of the registration process for our e-newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about new products and offer you discounts; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check my records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don't rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver my newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help me monitor and improve my e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any emails.
| Google Analytics and Googlemail |
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we am required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. We you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
www.thescot-box.com website server use Secure Socket Layer (SSL), an advanced encryption technology. This encryption provides the best possible protection from unauthorised parties accessing any information you send to us.
This website uses Google AdWords, Google Analytics, and Google Search Console to deliver tailored ads to you on social media or on other websites. This practice is known as re-marketing and is a tool that Google offers to businesses.
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- User cookies
If you would like to opt-out of receiving advertising like this from Google, you can manage these settings by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager. Also, Google recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. You can also delete the cookies on your internet browser.
Our online payment process is fully secure. We have strong technological systems in place to ensure your information is safe.
- Delivering tailored advertising content to you
- Keeping track of items stored in your shopping basket
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve our content, products, and services
- Preventing fraudulent activity and improving security
- Remember your preferences to make it easier to find your recently viewed products
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), effective 25 May 2018, applies to all businesses who collect or otherwise process personal data. The GDPR sets out the responsibilities of businesses in relation to the personal data they collect and hold, and it also governs the processes businesses use for managing that personal data.
The Scot Box has been mobilised and actively working on its GDPR strategy and implementation.
As part of these preparations:
- We have tightened our website security.
- Trained staff and contractors on GDPR to ensure that they understand the basics of data protection law.
- Updated our Terms and Conditions.
- We are operating opt-in only email marketing.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last amended September 2021.